Over the past month several awards have been given to me by some fellow bloggers. I need to catch up on acknowledging those who have thought of me in this very kind way. Because I have previously accepted some of these I will not go through the process again. Some I realize may choose only to accept the award and not necessarily participate fully, but I feel it is up to the individual.
I also believe l that I should participate when I can in order to highlight some perhaps newer bloggers and give them some recognition and encouragement in their blogging. I remember how it did so to me when I first received some awards.
One of the ones I have already been awarded is the Super Sweet Blogging Award, this time given to me by Terry. There’s so much I could say about Terry. A brief synopsis would be that she has been a caregiver to her brother with Parkinson’s Disease, but who recently needed more help than she could manage so is in a Nursing Home, where she visits him regularly. She is also a wonderful writer of regular blogs, poetry and fiction. You can find out more by visiting her site.
Terry also nominated me for the Reality Blog Award. Since I haven’t received this one before I will
list the suggested rules and list them. Answer the following questions and nominate other bloggers. I will nominate 2 for this award. See end of post.
Just answer the following questions and nominate other bloggers.
1. If you could change one thing, what would you change?
I would trust my own instincts more in the past and not worry about what others think.
2. If you could repeat an age, what would it be?
I think I would choose 16 when my dreams of the future were so exciting.
3. What is one thing that really scares you?
I will go with something tangible and say snakes. (sorry Buckwheatsrisk)
4. What is one dream you have not completed, and do you think you’ll be able to complete it?
It’s something that I’m working on and that is helping others cope with depression, possibly through my new church or elsewhere
5. If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be?
I would be the Prime Minister of Canada, in order to deal more harshly with those who commit abusive and violent crimes.
Very Inspiring Blog
ApplePieAndNapalm nominated me for the Very Inspiring Award. I have only known this blogger for a short time, but have really enjoyed our interactions. She is a very searching and questioning person and will post on many topics. Please visit her site. As I have not received this award before I will give the rules should you want to participate.
There are a few rules to adhere to, I have to include 7 things about myself, Nominate (although 15 is suggested I will nominate two as I have several to nominate end of post;) and the nominees should be advised on their site. I have already said a lot about myself but will say something at the risk of maybe repeating myself.
1. I just moved with my husband to a mobile home (instead of an apartment), to be closer to children and grandchildren.
2. After spending a major part of my adult life with depression, I have been free of it for approximately 3 years.
3. I love old movies like the comedy/musicals with Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Gene Kelly etc.
4. I don’t really like or do much of the cooking as my husband does enjoy doing so. (He really does!)
5. I was married when I was 18 and we will celebrate our 50th Anniversary this July.
6. We are going on a wonderful trip to Aruba for our 50th.
7. I have such a time handling the fact that there is so much animal abuse and neglect. I want to help them all!
Wayne of Waynemali has chosen to honor me with several awards. Wayne is also a recent connection through blogging, He very admittedly is a recovered alcoholic, but it has been almost a year since he stopped drinking and became a Christian. He writes about his issue, but also shares photos and poetry. You should take a look at his site. I share these awards with several other bloggers. Three of these awards I have been nominated previously so I will not do the process again. The Illuminating Award The Liebster Blog Award and The Blog of the Year Award.
Wayne has also given to several of us the Shine On Award. The suggested rules for this are below. As these rules are similar to The Very Inspiring Blog....I will only do one set of sharing things about myself and nominate 2 bloggers for this award as I did above.
1. Show appreciation of the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
2. Add the award logo to your blog.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 5 – 10 or so bloggers you admire.
5. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know.
Nominations for Reality Blog Award
Nominations for Very Inspiring Blog Award
Nominations for Shine On Blog Award
Your Mess His Message