In participating with Bernadette of Haddon Musings, I’m doing the post Thankfulness Mondays early, because I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger award, by Cheri of Joyously Hopeful, who writes beautifully about many things, but especially of children with special needs. She is the mother of a child with autism and does so,to encourage and inform others about autism.
Although I don’t participate in the award process, I do acknowledge and am thankful to Cheri for the nomination.
While I don’t actually take part anymore the questions she was asking the nominees, got me thinking so I thought I would answer them, in a post
Note….After doing the first one, I realize I can’t do all of them in one post, as it would be too long, I will do the others at a later date.
- What is a cause that is worth dedicating your life to?
- What’s your “Back in my day, we…”?
- If coffee was illegal, what would its street name be?
- What movie title best describes your life?
- Which way should toilet paper hang, over or under?
1. I can say that I have a personal cause or goal for my life, and one for outside my own world. The personal one is to encourage and perhaps have some influence in my grandchildren and great-grandchild’s life. My desire for them is to realize what the most important things in life are; to love and support ‘unconditionally’ their family, especially during difficult times when it’s not so easy to do, and to care and have compassion for everyone.
My hope and prayer also, is that they will want God to be an important part in the years ahead, in all that they do
The other cause that has been part of me, and impacts me is the plight of those in other parts of the world, or even in our own country who are without hope or justice. Those who don’t have even the basic necessities of life. I worked for many years for a Christian non-profit organization World Vision, and it gave me joy to be a part of helping in some way. We still participate in sponsoring a child and their community.
I’ll leave it there….oh except I think I will answer #5… ‘under’ of course; it’s the only way to go ! ha!