Well, I wrote about this recently here. It’s about putting some of my blogs into a book; not for publishing or selling but only for my personal use. A fellow blogger posted about this company Blog2Print, who will put into a book, the blogs you choose to print. I couldn’t have recommended it before I got it, but it came today and I am very pleased with it.
There are a few things which I might advise anyone who is thinking of doing this also, but they are minor.
- Read the questions and answers on their site, as there is good information. When I called them, the fellow didn’t happen to give me too much information, and didn’t advise me to read about the process.
- When choosing which blogs to print, (you need to select one by one, unless you have definite dates ‘from this date to this date’ or maybe ‘all’; I can’t quite remember) I did try not to select ‘Reblogged ones, but missed a few.
- Make sure your profile photo is a good clear one, as mine was grainy and didn’t print too clearly.
- I selected and printed about 267, (+index) = 281 pages (maximum allowable about 445) and I chose not to have each one start on a new page, so each one ran into the next one, which is okay and not really an issue, except that sometimes a photo that belongs with one post, ends up at the beginning of the next one. The reason I did that was of course, it costs more to do it the other way.
- The Title of my book could have been more interesting but it was at first not clear to me that I could change it, and I couldn’t revise it once it was completed. By this time I had read the questions and answers… oops too late.
- You have a choice of what size to print photos, which I did ‘small’ and are okay for me but you may want to choose larger size.
I am very pleased with the appearance, as I chose from the many options and put a photo on the front and back covers. I chose hard cover, again because of the cost. You can do a dedication too, and then there is an index of the title of each post. I chose from latest date to most current.
The cost of this was $130 u.s. plus shipping which to Canada was less than $15. I believe it is well worth it and I may get more copies if anyone I know in my family shows an interest.
So I can now say that I definitely recommend it, and if anyone does decide to go ahead and order one, maybe you could let me know. My email is on my sidebar.