I’ve been putting off writing this because I was hoping that everything would be sorted out by now, and this if for those of you who asked me to let them know the results of certain tests etc. It just seems that for the past year (or two) it’s been one thing or another, and while I still don’t have all the answers I do have most. I’m sorry if this appears like it’s a medical report, but I’ll try to minimize it the best I can for those interested. I apologize to the rest of you.
1. Problem with sleeping has been alleviated by the surgery that I had… paraesophageal hernia repair.
2. Eating difficulty that still was present after surgery has improved greatly, although I still have to be careful eating certain foods.
3. Tinnitus.. got a hearing aid with a sound masker to help mask the ringing in the ear. I’ve only had for a few days and likely will need adjusting, but it seems like it’s going to really help with the extreme sounds that I’ve had ‘constant’ for the past two years.
Issues still ongoing:
1. Even though I had the surgery, it appears that I have two more hernias, which I will see in a couple of weeks if anything has to be done about, or if they believe for now they are not a problem, perhaps they will leave them alone..
2. Because of some symptoms I had a couple of months ago, I wore a holter heart monitor for two weeks and because of some results, I need to do it again in August. It may be just a sign that in the future I may require a pacemaker, but will need to have follow-up in September with doctor.
I so appreciate the kind thoughts and prayers during a very difficult time. While the medical system is never perfect, it has none-the-less been very good to me.
God has sustained me through all of this also, as from time to time I wondered with the severe lack of sleep how I was even functioning at all. One of my favourite verses that would come to me often was.
“I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength”.
Thanks again…. Diane xx