In recent days I haven’t been doing much writing and my reading of others’ blogs is behind because of a previously mentioned reason. In the meantime however two people who have come to mean a lot to me since I began blogging, have acknowledged me in very special ways.
One of these people is Catherine, more commonly known as ‘Bird’ on her blog Everyone Has a Story. She has been through a very traumatic year but has fought back while still in the process of healing from emotional issues. If you want to read a blog that is completely honest and forthcoming you should definitely check out some of her blogs. I must add that I was so touched by what she said when she nominated me. “One of the things that I had wished I’d had going through all of this was my mother. Despite everything, I wish I could have crawled in her lap and just cried at how rotten things can be sometimes. Diane has more than once made me feel “mother-ed”, and I will always appreciate her gentle words of advice and comfort.” She received two awards but I will accept the ‘Reality’ one only, as I believe that is mostly what I write about. I try a little poetry or fiction every once in awhile but mainly write about everyday living and my past sometimes when I suffered from depression, in the hope that someone else may identify with it and see that it is possible to be free of it also.
The suggested rules for this award are:
The Rules for accepting this award are as follows:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the Questions
- Pass the award onto to any other bloggers you want — and link to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back
- If you could change something what would you change? Have the Christmas spirit all year long.
- If you could relive one day, when would it be? It would have to be my wedding day 50 years ago this July
- What’s one thing that really scares you? I don’t like to use the word ‘scare’ but I can’t imagine life without my husband. I know that scare is not really the word but close enough.
- What one dream have you not completed yet, and do you think you will be able to complete it? My dreams have come true I believe, and those that haven’t are in the process even if I’m not aware of those hidden within.
- If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be? I think I would be Prime Minister of Canada and I would call a ‘special session’ to say that all name calling and silliness within the government process should be stopped and that instead we should be working to make Canada a better, safer place to live than it already is.
With nominating other bloggers, I usually do two because I have done many in the past. I realize that not everyone participates in the Award process or they may already have received it, so they need not feel pressured to do so, but simply accept that I nominated them.
1. Linda at Appleton Linda has M.S. as I do but that’s not why I chose her. She is facing so many challenges at the moment and actually has been for quite awhile. And yet she fights on and keeps on keeping on. Reality is what she writes but she is also a gifted write of fiction and hopes one day to publish a book…if she ever gets time to work on it.
2. Lisa at Deep and Wonderful Thoughts. Lisa writes about what her title of her blog is…. Her posts are full of insight and subjects of all kinds and often re-blogs others’ posts in order to pass on stories of inspiration.
Fellow blogger and friend Cindy at Cindy Stranger than Fiction Stories is a writer who has been through so much especially in her physical health. It is actually a still ongoing issue, and yet she meets each challenge with strength and faith. Recently she has moved to a different state and so has not posted much in the past month or so. She has undergone some technical issues with her blog. She thought that she would change over to a self-hosted site but ran into difficulties so wanted to change back. Because I ‘help’ her when I can and did so changing back to WordPress.com she created a new Award to show her appreciation. Now those of you who know me, know that I have had a ‘few’ glitches myself but because of them I have learned at least some things and also how to search in WordPress Support when needed. She calls this The Humanitarian and Best Computer Tech Award. She even created the Logo. So while there are those much more qualified than me in the ‘tech’ department I am accepting in the spirit of the thoughts and appreciation given to me.
Her suggested rules for this are:
These are the rules: to be given The Award, the person must have gone beyond the normal bounds to help a fellow blogger. In the case of this award, it can include anything having to do with technology. For the person receiving the award these are the things they must do:
1. List what two of their bucket list items are. One of these will sound so funny to many, but to go to be on The Price Is Right with my grandson. He said he is going to take me one day. He used to watch the game show with me when he was younger and even though he is a young adult now he says he still does, and has the game on his Ipad and I play it whenever I see him. The other is some day to visit a country in Europe, perhaps Italy.
2. Tell us a deep, desire you have never fulfilled. I used to have the desire to write a book, but instead I blog and this is quite fulfilling. My memory is such that I realize that writing a book would be impossible…but that’s okay.
3. Tell us who Jesus is to you. He is my rock and fortress…my ever-present help in time of need. He was with me through many years of depression and my hope is in Him.
Now as far as nominations go for this award, there were so many that helped me when I had issues with my email on two separate issues and occasions. There was the issue with the ‘Little Lost Post” and then there was the ‘How to link issue’. I am going to give this award to two individuals but honorable mention to two others. The honorable mentions go to ‘Jensinewall’ a very descriptive writer who lives in Ireland. and Lizzie at Lizzie Running Naked without Scissors... a very intriguing writer….as intriguing as the title of her blog, who lives with Bipolar Disorder.
1. Kim at The Birding Bunch helped me on more than one occasion. Everything you ever want to know about birds is found on her site. Now Kim is an Award Free Blog but I need to recognize her anyway, as she persevered with me on several occasions. So she just needs to know I am very grateful for the time and effort spent.
2. Fiona at faithandmeow. Fiona is a young woman who has struggled with Eating Disorder but who has fought and persevered herself, to a point in her life where healing is in the process for her. As well as helping me finally learn the secret to ‘linking’ she has been so supportive in her comments to me when I needed it.