Let me start out by saying this is a somewhat lengthy post because of the circumstances. If you decide to read it…bless your heart…
Well, as the title of this blog states while I am ecstatic to receive awards it is also somewhat a test in humility. I never imagined that I would receive such affirmation in this way. I so enjoy blogging and the blessings I receive when I read others’ that to me to be centered out in such a way is for me really unbelievable. Bonita http://forhisgloryandpraise.wordpress.com/about/ is a very busy lady, who does crafts of every kind, looks after a household, does book reviews and writes poetry and also on subjects of many kind and her Christian faith comes through in each of them. She also has physical disabilities which she deals with on a constant basis.
Well, she has deemed me worthy of not just one but three…yes three awards. The first one I will mention is the Commentator Award. The rules or suggestions as I like to refer to them as are as follows.
- You will find your Top Recent Commentor’s on your site stats page on the bottom, right corner. If you do not see this, click on the Screen Options in the top, right corner and be sure that “Comments” is checked.
- If you are good about responding to every comment, then you will be the first one in the list.
- It is the next six commenter’s on the list that you will nominate and pass this award to.
- But wait! You may nominate one more person. This person can either be a brand new commenter on your blog, the very last comment you have received (most recent), or the one who has posted your most favourite comments. This seventh nomination is your choice, but please do tell us why you have chosen them as your seventh.
- These are the people who comment the most on my posts!
I am going to nominate two right now for this award as I have done so in the past to others.
The first one is Cindy. She writes most certainly about how her faith in Jesus Christ impacts her life. She has had many trials particularly relating to her health but she trusts God throughout every one of them. Check out her blog site http://cindyhfrench.com/about-m/
The second one is Lauren. She writes very well on so many issues we face in life. She has a son who she is devoted to and also has her book published on Kindle and other places Between Fear and Love…. Look over some of her blogs on her site http://betweenfearandlove.com/about/
The next award that Bonita awarded to me was a new one called The Super Sweet Blogger Award. The rules/suggestions for this award are as follows.
a. Cookies or Cake?, For this it has to be cake for me.
b. Chocolate or Vanilla? ‘Chocolate’ of course ..chocolate cake, brownies..just plain chocolate of any kind!
c. What is your favorite sweet treat? Probably ice cream
d. When do you crave sweet things the most? In the afternoon..snack time.
e. If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? What my husband calls me sometimes…’Sweety’
Nominate a bakers dozen:
Because of the number of nominees I have done recently I will have to break this rule and do only two for this award as well.
The first one is Jamie who writes beautiful and sweet things and also makes such sweet and wonderful comments. You should definitely visit her at http://grandmothermusings.com/about/
The second one is Heidi who writes about her life and her family in a rural setting and many of her blogs include delicious recipes. Please visit her at her site http://lightlycrunchy.wordpress.com/about/
1. I need to thank the person who nominated me, which I have done.
2. Share 7 things about myself that you still may not know.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers ( I am only nominating 2 as recently have done a lot of nominating).
4. Notify the nominees that I have done so.
5. Put the logo of the award on my blog site.
It’s going to be interesting to see if I can come up with anything that I have not already told you but let me think….
1. I am watching “The Talk” right now as I do this blog and I do watch some other shows like this.
2. My husband and I actually booked our trip yesterday for next July to Aruba for our 50th.
3. My granddaughter and 4-year-old great-granddaughter are visiting us in a few days for a week. We don’t get to see them much because of the distance factor, and I am hoping to ‘bond’ with the little one during this time.
4. My husband carries a lot of the workload of living in a house and all that entails, because I am somewhat limited in the physical aspect that is involved because of my MS. He also likes to cook so I only do so at specific times. I jokingly tell people that I did it for the first 30 years and now he’s taking his turn. But I must say that I am very grateful that he lovingly does this.
5. I have ‘plantar fascititis (spell check doesn’t know the spelling lol) and other than orthotics for my shoes, nothing else helps much. I am trying some ‘essential oils’ on my feet suggested by another blogger to see if it helps at all. At times especially in the morning or sitting for a long time and then walking, or walking or standing for a long time is really painful
I give up for now as I can’t think of anything else that wouldn’t bore you so I will just nominate two bloggers for this award.
The first one is Sandy. She writes everything from a Christian perspective. In fact her website LBTK stand for Loved By the King….She is a very special writer. Please visit her site http://lbtk.wordpress.com/about/
The second one is a writer who writes from the perspective of a Christian husband, father and man and his blogs are very inspirational. Do yourself a favor and visit his site http://onechristiandad.wordpress.com/about/
Now you won’t believe this but a lovely blogger and someone I have only recently met has nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. As I said I don’t know Holly well, but she is the wife of a Christian pastor and writes from her heart. I hope to read more and get to know her better.
The rules/suggestions for this award are:
1. Say something about the person who nominated you (if you’re so inclined)
2. Answer the 10 questions included about yourself.
3. Nominate bloggers for this award (or as determined by yourself)
4. Advise nominees you have done so.
5. Place logo on your site.
What’s your favorite song? “I Believe”
What’s your favorite dessert? I guess Cherry Cheesecake
What ticks you off? Abuse of any kind and including animal abuse.
What do you do when you’re upset? Maybe cry, withdraw a little but eventually I have to talk it out.
Which is your favorite pet? I have loved dearly all of our pets but our last one a doggie Koko holds my heart.
Which do you prefer, black or white? White I guess, though I’m not sure why.
What’s your biggest fear? My husband passing before I do, though I know where he’ll be and we’ll be together again.
What’s your attitude, mostly? Without the depression that plagued me for so many years I can say I have a positive and hopeful attitude about life.
What is perfection? To me living the best that I can in God’s eyes. I won’t be perfect till I reach Heaven
What’s your guilty pleasure? Blogging too much
I will nominate again two bloggers for this award:
The first one is Lou Ann, a Canadian like myself who writes about anything and everything and is very good at it. Please check out her site http://onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com/about/
The second one is Russ. He is not only a dedicated writer about many wonderful and inspirational topics but is a faithful reader of others’ blogs as well. Please visit him at his site http://russtowne.com/about/
So there you have it. The reason that my humility has been tested this week. I realize there are many bloggers out there who deserve and receive awards for their writing but today I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. If you’ve followed this post today I again say “Bless your Heart”…..Diane