I have been blogging now since last November 2011 and when I first started I really didn’t understand the world of what I’ve heard people say… ‘Blogoshphere’. It’s a place where one finds people of all countries, faiths, struggles and compassion. There is so much I didn’t know and so much I still don’t know, but I have learned a few things. I write because of always wanting to in one form or another. Years ago, it was on pads of paper, innumerable journals started but then misplaced and so another one begun. Bits and pieces of stories or feelings at a particular time and place. Slowly I met people and have started to interact with many. One of these special people is the person who nominated me for this beautiful and sentimental award. Her link is found here http://asearchingheart.wordpress.com/about/
I am very honored to have been thought of in this special way. I need to post the rules/suggestions related to receiving this award. So here they are.
- Share who gave it to you with a link back to their blog. (see above)
- Write down seven random facts about yourself.
- Give this award to fifteen (or other number of) other bloggers.
- Let them know they’ve won.
- Pop the award on my blog.
1. When I was a child growing up I wanted to be either a figure skater like Barbara Ann Scott, or a dancer.
2. I hate to cook but will occasionally when my husband wants a break or something different. (he loves to cook, honest!)
3. I hate unresolved conflicts. I ‘used to try and fix everything for everybody, but have learned now, that can’t be done.
4. While I love living in my country of Canada, I do wish we could (as a country) purchase some small island in the Caribbean.
5. I worked for a Christian Humanitarian Organization for 13 years that helped children and families in countries far away.
6. I love scrapbooking …and looking at photos.
7. I love nature in all it’s forms…birds, brooks and water of all kinds, flowers, rainbows and the list goes on.
Here are the blogs that I want to nominate for this award. All have something interesting, some are writings from their heart and their circumstances, some others from the viewpoint of living with an illness and their perspective on life, still more with their faith in Christianity as their point of writing, and some to due with their lifestyle and trying to live simpler than the hectic pace of today’s world, still others with wit and humor and lessons on daily life, and others with ideas on recipes and crafts. They all have something special to offer those that take time to read their blogs. I hope that those reading will do so. Some likely will have already received acknowledgement previously and had awards, but these are some (not all) of the ones that I love to read and so have chosen them.
To repeat myself, it is very special to be nominated for an award for doing something that I love.