I finally had my specialist appointment yesterday, to see what could be done if anything regarding the fact that I cannot lay down to sleep. My nose blocks up one side or another or both, and will only clear when I stand up and walk around a bit. Then I sleep in an upright position in my lazy boy, getting very little and very poor sleep. I also have sleep apnea and cannot use the CPAP. This has been ongoing for several months, and the appointment delayed because of a few issues.
So, anyway I went yesterday and the doctor was very kind and after a short examination, told me what the problem was. I need surgery on my nasal and sinus areas. It’s only day surgery and he thought I would be feeling so much better afterwards. That’s the good news.
The bad news is, that after speaking with his secretary she informed me that the doctor will be off for 2-3 months himself due to a health issue, and so the earliest appointment would be…drum roll please… July 2014 ! There will be another doctor looking after his patients until he returns but even if I was to say I would like him to do the surgery, I would be so far down on the waiting list, it would almost be the same time frame.
Needless to say, being so sleep deprived for so long the tears began to fall, right there in the office. His secretary felt so bad and said if anything were possible, she would try to look into it. I fear that she did it out of ‘pity’, but at least she said the right words.
I must say that I knew waiting times were sometimes long, but not that long and considering I’ve been waiting already for several months this is not what I needed to hear. So I came home and thought perhaps, instead of getting all worked up…just maybe she will be able to somehow work things out.
I also decided that since I am a Christian and do believe that God can cut through ‘red tape’ that I would ask some family and close friends to pray for 48 hours, giving me a chance to think about what to do next. But maybe in that time a ‘miracle’ could happen. I do allow that God may not intervene because there is a better solution than I can think of right now. Perhaps I need to go back to my General Physician and ask to be referred to yet another doctor???
The 48 hours isn’t up until tomorrow evening, so I will wait and think about my options.
I only know I cannot make it until next July!